What this event is about
Together with the Wuppertal Institute, Kassel University and Lund University, Agora Industry is hosting a debate at COP28 in Dubai on international cooperation for the decarbonisation of basic materials industries using the example of steel.
Proposals for Just Industry Transition Partnerships would result in support for green iron production in the global south that, in turn, would help establish sustainable supply chains and accelerate the decarbonisation of industry in donor countries.
The invited speakers are:
- Max Åhman, Lund University
- Srestha Banerjee, iForest
- Åsa Ekdahl, World Steel (tbc)
- Lukas Hermwille, Wuppertal Institute
- Stefan Lechtenböhmer, Uni Kassel
- Frank Peter, Agora Industry
- Rosana Santos, E+ Energy Transition Institute, Brazil
- N.N., Germany's Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (tbc)
The event is open to registered participants of COP28 and will take place:
- Monday, 11 December, 3-4:30 pm local (Dubai) time (UTC+4)
- Side Event Room 3
A public livestream will be available at
We usually publish slides shown during our events afterwards.
In case of a recording of this event we will publish it shortly after the event.
We look forward to your participation and an energising discussion!
Just Industry Transition Partnerships – a proposal to link JETPs with sectoral cooperation
Room: Side Event Room 3
United Arab Emirates